måndag, november 26, 2007

Welcome Philip!

My friend Philip from Sthlm, Sweden was here for a visit. We had great dinners everyday - I probably gained 1 kg per day... But that's one of the things about Beijing, the great food! We went to Pure Lotus (vegetarian), local corner restaurant, Chuajia Yejuian or how you spell it, we call it courtyard but that's actually another restaurant, Xing Yang, luxury dumpling place, South Beauty (luxury Sichuan - not to recommend though), Japanese, Champagne brunch at Westin Hotel and some other places.


We also hade some drinks, both great ones at Lan and QBar but also some cheap ones at Nan Jie as on the photo. This is the Kamikaze shots plate... Something Philip regretted the day after...
At Matsuko a Japanese place we were almost the whole Swedish friend-colony plus some visitors. I was a little bit annoyed before we started eating. I was the organiser for the dinner but there are three different Matsuko and I thought I booked the table at one place but in the end we didn't know. So half the gang went to one place and the other half was looking for another one. Thank god for mobile phones... haha. We ended up at the one I thought I booked at in the end and had a great dinner.