Tokyo (day 2 and 3)
It was a little hard to the first time to use the subway, I had to check the map all the time to not get off at the wrong station or the wrong train. But I manage and didn't get lost... But mostly i walked, to see more of the city. I started in Harajuku and walked down to Shibuya and back. I also went into small side roads to look for interesting shops and houses. All of a sudden i found Sweden - an ice cream shop... Hehe
Santi had tipped me to go to Tokyo Hands - a huge department store with everything! I almost bought a party costume but they didn't have my size, only up to 185 cm... They also had really nice clean bikes. I will post them together with other interesting bikes later.
In the evening we had sukiyaki with Santi's family (not mother, she was traveling). And as Tsukiji you don't pronounce the "u" in sukiyaki, it's sounds more like “tskidji” and "skjiaki". Yummy!
Santi and I had some monster sake as well.
For me this view is very much Tokyo suburb - single houses, the skyline in the horizon, the electric cables in the street, a bit hilly. I think it's because of movies I recognize it, it just feels Japanese...
After some shopping days I did some more cultural trips, some temples, parks, museums etc. I was nice to visit the National Museum to learn more about the Japanese history.
Kappa Bashi - the house hold market area. They have everything for your household or your restaurant. I was looking for the fake display food. I wanted to buy some to bring home, but I realized when I stood there that it just will look tacky and cheap in my apartment (and they are not cheap!) So I didn't buy any...
You can see that there are some Swedish tourists in Tokyo and that Global knives are popular...

Ueno Park. It was nice to step into a green area and not feel the traffic at all. Get some space and distance to the high-rises
Tokyo, the city of contrasts! Super high-tech and commercial meets traditional/old. I don't know what he monk did there but he stood there in that outfit. Santi and Yoko also told me that it's not unusual to wear kimono. Santi has one she uses now and then. And I saw many people wear it, especially older ladies in group.
Another typical view, but now for a city scene -cables, trains, narrow streets, signs everywhere...
We met up a friend to Yoko in Shibuya later in the evening to get some food. This is me at the famous Shibuya crossing.

Santi had tipped me to go to Tokyo Hands - a huge department store with everything! I almost bought a party costume but they didn't have my size, only up to 185 cm... They also had really nice clean bikes. I will post them together with other interesting bikes later.
In the evening we had sukiyaki with Santi's family (not mother, she was traveling). And as Tsukiji you don't pronounce the "u" in sukiyaki, it's sounds more like “tskidji” and "skjiaki". Yummy!
Santi and I had some monster sake as well.
For me this view is very much Tokyo suburb - single houses, the skyline in the horizon, the electric cables in the street, a bit hilly. I think it's because of movies I recognize it, it just feels Japanese...
After some shopping days I did some more cultural trips, some temples, parks, museums etc. I was nice to visit the National Museum to learn more about the Japanese history.
Kappa Bashi - the house hold market area. They have everything for your household or your restaurant. I was looking for the fake display food. I wanted to buy some to bring home, but I realized when I stood there that it just will look tacky and cheap in my apartment (and they are not cheap!) So I didn't buy any...
You can see that there are some Swedish tourists in Tokyo and that Global knives are popular...
Ueno Park. It was nice to step into a green area and not feel the traffic at all. Get some space and distance to the high-rises
Tokyo, the city of contrasts! Super high-tech and commercial meets traditional/old. I don't know what he monk did there but he stood there in that outfit. Santi and Yoko also told me that it's not unusual to wear kimono. Santi has one she uses now and then. And I saw many people wear it, especially older ladies in group.
Another typical view, but now for a city scene -cables, trains, narrow streets, signs everywhere...
We met up a friend to Yoko in Shibuya later in the evening to get some food. This is me at the famous Shibuya crossing.


0 Comments:
Skicka en kommentar
<< Home