lördag, december 29, 2007

The smog is a killer

The latest days the pollutions has been the worst here since I got here. I have written a bout the index before (more info here: http://www.zhb.gov.cn/english/airqualityinfo.htm) so you probably understand that it's a bad situation when I tell you that the index has been 500!!! You can see for your self if you are interested on these pages.

A China page, in Chinese but the top city is Beijing: http://www.sepa.gov.cn/quality/air.php3
Different areas in Beijing, also this one in Chinese: http://www.bjepb.gov.cn/air/Air.aspx
A blog about the air in Beijing, in English: http://www.pyongyangsquare.com/beijingair/


A photo of Jian Wai SOHO, where I work when it was 421 API (Air Pollution Index).
Same place when it was around 100 API...

So... You can imagine the coughing during the last days. There a story spreading among the Swedish community about an employee at Ericsson that came home and had a health test (or medical test, whatever it's called). The doctor told him that he is in group A smokers (i.e. the worst one) and to stop smoking or he will have problems in the future. The employee said he never smoked but lived in Beijing for a few years.